Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Top Tips and other Folk Art topics.
Safe painting practices!
1. Always work in an area you can clean - plastic table cloth covering a carpeted floor, clean up rag not too far away.
2. Use a dust mask when sanding
3. Use a breathing mask when spraying
4. Never sand or spray indoors. Find a nice spot outside for this.
5. Use antiquing patina in a well ventillated area (Oh but my goodness i love that smell LOL)
6. Dispose of antiquing rags immediately...they can self conbust in the right conditions. Saturate them, bag them up tightly and put them in your bin.
7. Save your clothes and wear a painting shirt ( a shirt you forgot to cover with an apron in the first place) or an apron.
8. Get an adjustable height chair and foot stool. Make sure you are at the right height for the project then use the foot stool to balance where your feet are dangling.
9. Chase down a very bright amber coloured or fluro coloured coffee mug...it's colour just might protect it from being used as a wash basin for your brush!
10. make sure the entire famiy is OO bfore you begin...we don't need world war three because a painting session is interrupted (OO ?.......glad you asked...otherwise occupied!)